The Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD), Nigeria Chapter is seeking a Country Representative to carry out the objective of YPARD and coordinate the activities of the network in Nigeria.
Two (2) years term. (Renewable once based on performance and consensus of the National Working Group and Regional Representative for Africa).
1. Coordinate and ensure proper implementation of YPARD activities and programs in the country
2. Consciously ensure that activities are implemented in line with at least one of YPARD’s strategic objectives.
3. Increase the awareness and membership of YPARD in Nigeria
4. Work on youth issues in agricultural development in Nigeria and link these efforts with sub-regional and regional initiatives.
5. Create and maintain a culture of ownership towards all YPARD Members.
6. Contribute to regional efforts by working closely with other Country Representatives in Africa.
7. Report promptly and efficiently to the Africa Regional Coordinator.
8. Ensure regular communication of information and activities to the broader YPARD community
9. Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and other youth organization in the sector.
10. Develop and maintain partnerships where required.
11. Work to make sure the voice of youth is heard within the country about Agricultural
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Be willing to work on a Volunteer basis no remuneration available.
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any Agriculture Course or related Life-Sciences.
A track record of Leadership or people management.
Be a signed-up member of YPARD for at least 6 months from time of receiving this call.
Be between the age of 18 and 35 years
Willingness to work with teams.
He or She should be working in the Agricultural Development sector and should have relevant experience in this field. S/he is therefore expected to be familiar with Agricultural Development issues.
CRs should have proven capacity to successfully build up contacts within their regions as well as maintain the contact to the Global Coordinating Unit (GCU).
Must be based in Nigeria
1. Strong communication skills
2. Good use of Social Media
3. Proposal writing and fund raising skills
4. Strong oral, written and presentation skills
5. Self-motivated and assertive with a results orientation
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
Before the YPARD representative is selected, the candidate expected to have demonstrated commitment to YPARD by being an active member in the YPARD network.
An active member may have already organised an event, engaged in some of these activities and/or organized or participated in online events and or knowledge sharing.
YPARD is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
All interested candidates are to send a one page cover letter and 2-page CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in the ‘Subject’ of the email the tittle; YPARD Country Representative
October 15th 2017.
Note please that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
These shortlisted candidates will in turn be presented to YPARD Nigeria Members for a voting process to select their favorite candidate.